Homes for Sale in Delray Beach
Homes for Sale in Naples
New Homes for Sale in Florida
Boynton Beach Homes
South Florida Homes for Sale
Bonita Springs Real Estate
Boca Raton Real Estate
Six Home Staging Tips to Help Sell Your Home
Once you decide to add your home to the list of homes for sale in Delray Beach, you may be contemplating hiring a professional to stage your home.
Studies show staged properties generally sell quicker and generate a sale closer to the original asking price, so MarketWatch offers staging tips that can be done on a budget.
Once you decide to sell your home, you may be contemplating hiring a professional to stage your home. Studies show staged properties generally sell quicker and generate a sale closer to the original asking price, so MarketWatch offers staging tips that can be done on a budget.
1. Paint with neutral colors - A fresh coat of paint can change the look of any room in your home, but be sure to use neutral colors which will be most attractive to potential buyers. If you are really looking for a new look and have some extra money, the source suggests also giving the exterior of your home a fresh coat too.
2. Don't leave any room empty - Staging common living spaces, including the living and dining rooms, is important, but don't forget to put furniture in the bedrooms too. Having rooms tastefully decorated can help potential buyers visualize themselves living in your home with their own furniture. MarketWatch suggests keeping the main color palette neutral, while small use of color can give rooms their own touch of character.
3. Fill up empty wall space - Bare walls can leave a home feeling empty and cold, regardless of the presence of furniture. To prevent potential buyers from being turned-off by blank wall space, the source suggests hanging framed artwork or photography. Mirrors can also help make smaller living spaces seem larger. You should also be sure you have window treatments up to make your home feel more welcoming.
4. Don't forget about curb appeal - While the inside of your home may be the focus of many buyers, the outside of your property won't be forgotten. The news source says to make sure the yard is well maintained before listing your home for sale, while also making sure small details such as the house numbers and mailbox are in top condition.
5. Stay gender-neutral when decorating - You never know who will be coming to look at your home, so keeping staging gender-neutral may make it more likeable by a larger demographic. This supports the idea of using neutral colors throughout the home.
6. Remember to de-clutter - While bringing items into the home may be necessary for staging, you shouldn't forget to remove the clutter that can make your house look messy. According to the source, this means removing personal items including collectibles and family photos from all rooms of the house. You should also make sure to keep small appliances off countertops and create a designated place to hide last-minute items before showing your home. De-cluttering can make your entire house appear cleaner and bigger, both of which are desirable characteristics for potential buyers. MarketWatch recommends cleaning out storage closets too, as buyers will likely be looking through closets and garage space intently.