GL Homes values our relationships with the local brokers in our communities. A commission will be paid to a Broker when the Broker complies with the policies and procedures below and in accordance with the Broker Participation Agreement to be entered into between the Broker and the community developer. The following are some of our policies and procedures for establishing and maintaining these relationships.
Buyer Registration: All prospective Buyers will complete a Traffic Registration Form upon their initial visit to a GL Homes community. That form will provide the Buyer an opportunity to indicate whether they are working with a Broker or one of Broker’s Agents, and if so, provide the Broker’s name and contact information. If the Buyer registers without identifying a Broker or Broker’s Agent, no Broker will be eligible to receive a commission for that Buyer’s purchase.
Broker Registration: Broker or one of Broker’s Agents must be present during the Buyer’s initial visit to the community and must complete a Broker Registration Form at that time. If not present during the Buyer’s initial visit but the Buyer has indicated they are working with the Broker on the Traffic Registration Form, the Broker may visit the sales office and complete the Broker Registration Form within 2 days of the Buyer’s initial visit.
Buyer Representation: Upon execution of the Broker Registration Form, the Broker will have the exclusive right to represent the Buyer in connection with the purchase of a home in the community for a period of 90 days. If the Buyer executes a Purchase Contract within those 90 days, the Broker must then complete and return a Broker Participation Agreement and all supporting documentation required therein to the sales office within 30 days.
Commissions: Commissions may be different at each community, but are generally 3% of the net purchase price (i.e., base purchase price of the home plus lot premium, not including any options, less all credits and promotional discounts). Commissions are payable at closing only if and after the transaction actually closes. If closing does not occur for any reason whatsoever, no commission will be paid. Brokers may not refund, rebate, or otherwise reimburse Buyer for any portion of the commission earned.
Marketing: Broker, its agents and/or representatives are not permitted to:
- Copy or use any materials of Seller, G.L. Homes or any of Seller’s or G.L. Homes’ logos on any of your websites or in any of your marketing materials including, without limitation, text, floor plans, site plans, elevations, renderings, illustrations, videos, graphics, photographs and/or images.
- Use the name of our projects, Seller, G.L. Homes or other trademark of G.L. Homes (or any derivations thereof) in any internet or website domain name.
- Use any project name or other trademark (or any derivations thereof) of Seller or G.L. Homes as part of the name of your brokerage company or any division thereof.
- Include any hidden metadata in any of your websites containing any project name or other trademark (or any derivations thereof) of Seller or G.L. Homes.
- Refund or rebate any portion of your Commission, Bonus or other compensation to Purchaser.
All references to Seller, G.L. Homes, a G.L. Homes project name, a floor plan, model or other item of Seller or G.L. Homes appearing on any website page of Broker shall only be used as hyperlinks to G.L. Homes’ webpages and content utilizing hyperlinks provided by G.L. Homes which shall be made available to broker upon request.