How We May Collect Information About You
Whether you just browse our website or if you use any of our other Platforms, GL Homes will collect certain information about you and your use of our Platforms. In addition, you may choose to provide us with information in person, online, electronically, through use of customer surveys, information forms, or through our mobile apps. We may also use automatic data collection tools which include, among others, web beacons, embedded web links, and pixel tags. Some of the information we collect may not identify you personally and some information will identify who you are. Even though some information may not identify you personally, we may gain insight to how you use our Platforms and what non-GL Homes websites directed you to our Platforms.
Types of Information We Collect.
which could include your name, names of family members, mailing or other addresses, electronic mail addresses and telephone numbers (home, work, mobile and fax).
Interests which could include information about the types of homes and options you may be interested in purchasing, and the hobbies you are interested in to help us determine amenities for our future communities.
Demographic and Other Information
which could include your age, sources of lead to GL Homes, interested price range of homes, move-in time frames, your use of realtors, number and age of family members, and photo identification.
Photos and Videos
which could include photos and videos you submit to us whether by e-mail, collected through use of mobile apps or delivered to us in person. However, access to your camera and photos on your mobile app will only be done with your authorization upon your initial log-in to the applicable mobile app.
Nonpublic Personal Information
which may include social security numbers, income and asset information, creditworthiness and credit history, user names and passwords, and information about your transactions with us and our affiliates.
Data and Web Analytic
Information which could include information from cookies (described below) which are placed by us or others on your computer or mobile device; your GPS data (including latitude and longitude) to establish your location; the IP address of your computers and mobile devices; information about the type of devices you are using; the name of your internet service provider; the type of internet browser and browser version you use; click-through information from our marketing e-mails, ads, or on our webpages or in our mobile apps; and time spent GL Homes’ websites. Some or all of this information may be collected in a manner that is not tied to a specific user and some of it, either individually or parsed together, may identify a specific user. A “cookie” is a small file that can be stored on a computer or device which can provide us with certain of the information described above and the cookie provides us with the ability to recognize a specific computer or device. Cookies also allow you to maintain any account login information between visits.
Home Purchase Info
which, if your purchase a home from us, could include the purchase price you paid for your home, the price and nature of the options selected for the home, the amount of mortgage you obtained in connection with your purchase, responses to customer satisfaction surveys, the nature of home warranty service requests submitted, and the identity of the community in which you live.
Whom Do We Share Information With
First and most importantly, we do not sell, rent or trade your personal information. The information we obtain helps with our goal to provide you with a personalized experience in purchasing our products and services. It also helps us to improve your experience when using our Platforms. We also use your information to conduct our business, evaluate our online advertising, customize promotions and update our products and services for our customers’ benefit. In order to accomplish such goals, we may share your information with the following:
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information
- Among and between GL Homes and its affiliates including, without limitation, our mortgage and title insurance affiliates
- Our contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and third-party service providers
- The homeowners association for the community in which you may purchase a home, as well as such homeowner association’s management company and other third-party service providers
- Applicable governmental or legal authorities, or third-parties, in order to cooperate with a subpoena, court order, search warrant or other legal process, and/or to protect and defend GL Homes’ rights, reputation, properties and business practices
- Others as required or permitted by applicable law
– at any time, you may opt-out of receiving our marketing materials which includes our e-mails and direct-mail materials delivered through the U.S. postal service. This does not include, however, non-marketing materials, such as customer service communications or information relating to the ownership and maintenance of your home. To opt-out of receiving our marketing materials, please put your request in writing and send it to us as provided below. Our marketing e-mails also contain a link that you may use to unsubscribe and opt-out of receiving our marketing e-mails.
– on your mobile device, certain location based services may be deactivated by using your device’s settings. Check with your mobile device manufacturer for specific instructions on how to disable location based services. Certain web browsers (both desktop and mobile) may also provide settings that can be modified to prevent location based information from being provided. Check the user instructions for your web browser for how to change such settings.
– You may opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Non-Proprietary Information and Consent to Use Information
By providing us information such as your mailing address, e-mail address and phone numbers, you are providing us with your express consent to use such information to market GL Homes, our properties and our services to you, including marketing information regarding one or more of our communities. Such marketing will be done in accordance with applicable law. We may provide you with the ability to opt-in to or opt-out of receiving such marketing information. If you do not want us to use your personal data for any particular purpose, then you may notify us in writing of such desire by contacting us as provided in the Contact Us
European Union Citizens
If you are accessing our Platforms from regions of the world governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, your personal information and data will be stored in the United States (or if not stored, may be transferred to locations in the United States), and by using our Platforms you consent to such location. G.L. Homes of Florida Corporation, whose address is set forth in the Contact Us
section below, is the data controller for processing personal data provided to or received by us. To exercise any of your rights under the GDPR that are applicable to us and our Platforms, please make your request in writing and send it as provided in the Contact Us
Our products and services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
for which you are bound.
1600 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway, Suite 400
Sunrise FL 33323
Or you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org